HAPPY NEW YEAR, RED Readers! What are your New Years Fashion Resolutions? Is it to organize you closet, wear more color or to splurge and buy a Birkin? It is that time of the year to rethink our lifestyles, accomplishments and fashion choices and make new fantastic fashion goals for the new year.To start 2012 off right, I have come up 10 fabulous fashion and style-related resolutions for the new year. Welcome the new year with a renewed look, a fresh fashion perspective and get fashion-inspired!
1. Take risks! Don't be afraid of bold patterns and bright colors! Try new trends and see what suits your own personal style. Combining a variety of textures and patterns to your wardrobe will help you grow your personal style and look. Depending on your lifestyle, this resolution is open to interpretation, but the basic premise is to go outside of your fashion comfort zone.
2. Be confident! Confidence means feeling great in your clothes, looking poised and being sure of yourself in all situations.With confidence you will be able to pull off any bold outfit with ease.
3. Love your Body! Beauty comes in all shapes, forms, and sizes. Become familiar with your body type and what styles work best with your body. With the right wardrobe choices you will look your most beautiful self!
4. Wear more color! This year is the season of color! Try wearing colors that you haven't worn before and combining them together. Color-blocking is one of the hottest trends in fashion at the moment. Also, become of what colors suit your skin tone and experiment with these.
5. Splurge! Splurge and invest on a piece of fashion that will become a staple in your wardrobe for years to come. Think Christian Louboutin black pumps, a Tory Burch clutch or a Herve Leger little black dress. The possibilites are endless.
"Get a bespoke le smoking suit & more Manolos."
-Mosha Lundstrom Halbert, Associate Fashion News Editor at FLARE Magazine
6. Think Quality, Not Quantity! This year invest your money in pieces of good quality that will last beautifully throughout the seasons. Buying inexpensive is not always wisest as the fashion will not uphold its quality as long as one that is just a few more dollars.
7. Buy something old and make it new! Thrift couture is the way to be this year. Opt for buying at a consignment or thrift store to get your designer brands. You never know what treasure you may find for very little money.
8. Organize Your Wardrobe! There is no better way to kick off the New Year than with an organized closet. Pick those clothes up from the floor, toss out clothes you've never worn and make your closet user friendly. It will save you plenty of time when getting ready in the morning!
"Pick clothes up off floor."
-Alexa Chung, British television presenter, model and contributing editor at British Vogue
9. Discover your Signature Style! Wear the clothes and the styles you love. Define your style through trends you are drawn to and try to master your look. Read magazines, internet blogs and watch fashion shows to learn what you are drawn to most and what suits your own personal style.
10. Donate Your Wardrobe! If you haven't worn it for two years, donate it! Go through your closet and donate your old goodies you no longer love to those who will appreciate them and love them once again.
This Year, be fabulous, fashion-forward and wear Red ! xx